The Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (PHMC) budget is less than 6/100 of 1 percent of the commonwealth’s annual budget, but its vital work serves every resident in Pennsylvania.
- We collect, safeguard and share our state's most treasured documents and objects.
- We teach Pennsylvania history to children and adults because informed citizens are the bedrock of democracy.
- We promote economic development by protecting and repurposing Pennsylvania's historic buildings.
- We help create vital places to live and work by protecting the uniqueness of Pennsylvania's distinctive communities.
- We save tax dollars by helping state and local governments manage their records efficiently.
- We protect basic legal rights of Pennsylvanians by safeguarding property and legislative documents.
- We attract tourists to Pennsylvania’s historic sites and museums.